I think it’s fair to say that this week is the biggest week of the Australian blogging calendar. 500+ bloggers, two full official days and all the overwhelm that comes with it.
Last year was my first ProBlogger Conference and I ended up with a case of ProBloggeritis. It’s totally a thing. You can diagnose ProBloggeritis by the symptoms:
- Brain leaking out of your ears from information overwhelm.
- Star struck-ed-ness when you see your favourite blogger.
- Learning the name of a blogger, then immediately forgetting it.
- The urge to hide in the corner because you can’t find anyone you recognise.
I would say the urge to hide is the probably the most common. In light of that, I have the following suggestions:
- Realise you’re having a “holy crap I’m scared I can’t find anyone I know” moment.
- Tweet your need for
companionshipa friendly face with the hashtag #ImInACorner (or, failing that #AAAH)
- Hope that someone finds you.
- Realise that in a room full of 500+ bloggers, the only way you’ll be found by a hashtag rescuer is by cartwheeling.
- Realise equally that in a room full of 500+ bloggers, there’s no room to cartwheel.
- Tweet again, this time using only the #AAAH hashtag.
- Realise that you know the person next to you.
Will I see you LATER THIS WEEK (OMG IT’S FINALLY HERE)? What weird thing have you done in person to embarrass yourself recently?
The Laugh Link members are:
Did something funny happen over the weekend? Old or new, funny ha-ha or any other kind of funny? Link up below!