In a goal oriented world, where do you find your place if you don’t have answers yet?
That is who I want to find. That is who I think would get the most out of reading this blog.
Because we don’t have just one answer. No one thing clicks life into place. Some things work for a while, life evolves, things happen, and we’re back to searching.
This is probably why my blog posts have more questions than answers in them. Because I don’t have answers. Because by the time I have answers they will have expired.
When You Have No Answers
Slightly over two years ago I got my first permanent job. It was the regular income I craved after so many years of contract work.
My questions have change in this time. Years ago I would have questions like:
- Will funding for my position be renewed or should I start looking for work two months before my contract expires?
- Will I end up burning bridges by leaving when, at the last minute, they could renew my job?
- Why is the burden of loyalty placed on the person in the most vulnerable position?
Today my questions are more along the lines of:
- How do I find fulfilment? My job keeps me busy but it doesn’t relate to my education & things I want to do.
- What on earth do I do about my consulting business using my educational skills when I feel like the industry and LITERALLY every single person I’ve spoken to about it is confused about the concept of remote work?
- Am I blaming others for not having had any consulting work when I have done nothing much to market it or explain the parts that confuse people?
- What haven’t I done?
- Am I too far ahead of the curve in a conservative field?
- Is it a conservative field?
- Will I find balance that suits me as a part time employee and part time freelancer?
Being ok with not having the answers is not always where I’m personally “at” though. In the video below I talk through some of my thoughts about books, writing and publishing in the “online world”.
What questions do you have about your life? Do you have a way you find answers, or are you happy to sit with the questions?