I thought I should take my first post to introduce myself. I’m Vanessa, I live in Brisbane, Australia. I would like to document my fitness and hopefully, weight loss.
I am blogging this first and foremost as a matter of public accountability.
But I would like to think that I will inspire even one other person to begin a healthier life along the way.
So, some details about me:
- I’m married.
- I have a dog.
- I love my Wii Fit.
- My husband was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about a year ago.
- I have a degree in Anthropology.
- Until recently, I had been working as a casual medical receptionist, when I got fired for not wanting that to be my career.
- In recent years I’ve had very desk-based research jobs, which, when combined with my husband doing shift work & me trying to study a post grad degree part time, lead to my weight gain.
- I’m working on starting my own business very soon.
- I have family all around the world.
- I am a dual citizen.
My point is, I don’t have much money, no special skills in fitness and a giant love of chocolate. But if I can lose weight and make more positive choices than negative ones, then so can anyone else.
I plan to record my weight, BMI, time spend exercising & where possible, calories burned, using my Wii Fit.
I exercise through a combination of Wii Fit, Gym machines & walking at night (when there is no sun to burn me).
I am currently on day 3 of my fitness journey, and I would like to make a positive habit of my life, no matter how busy I am.
You can sign up for my newsletter to say in touch!