You’d think this post is about staying focused. BEATING procrastination. Well, no. It’s not. I don’t feel like being helpful so I’m being anti-helpful. Playful? Something is -ful and I don’t know what it is. But basically, if you need to get some serious procrastination done, you’re in the right place.
I got a lot of these from the Bored Button but some are also just old favourites of mine. Some are useful, funny, kid appropriate, kid-NOT-appropriate (I assume), work safe, not work safe…
- Boomshine is a bubble game that is surprisingly addictive and hard.
- Find out when you are/were 10,000 days old.
- Deep sea diver is a flash game I particularly like when I want something mindless to do.
- Falling Girl is strangely addictive. And she falls on bubbles, so it’s ok.\
- Have you ever wanted to see things duplicate forever?
- A challenge I will never, ever win, because I hate sitting still and doing nothing: do nothing for 2 minutes.
- If you need to exercise your fingers, try scrolling 100m.
- If the moon was 1 pixel – perspective on the size of the solar system.
- If you like peeling the plastic off of new LCD screens, try this page.
- Some rain, and a storm.
- Find the invisible cow is fairly self-explanatory.
- When you want to make it all ok.
- Perpetual zooming on a cool image.
- More rain.
- Flick the door stop.
- Make a parallelogram.
- You can watch planes land at this airport on a live webcam.
- The Fabric Ripper is quite therapeutic 🙂
- Combine basic elements and see what they make.
- Another great “perspectives” one – see how small today is in the history of time.
- Bloxorz gets hard… but it’s do-able.
- Bloody pingu is probably not child-friendly
How do you procrastinate? Any websites you head to? Share them in the links below so that we can collectively ruin the productivity of the world.
20 Replies to “Procrastination Tools”
Bloody pingu! LOL, Eeek.
After seeing all those procrastination “tools” all I want to do now is eat cookies. Damn Santa …
Haha sorry! It seemed appropriate being December and all 🙂
I’m 12,904 days old today!
Hahahaha! I love this list. Bookmarking for early new year when I can play the day away.
You could spend at least a day with these 🙂
I so don’t need this!
You doooo. You dooooooo… I feel like the devil on the shoulder of some kids’ PSA 🙂
BLOODY PINGU!!!!! I had forgotten all about this game! My BIL and I used to play this for hours on end when Dave and I lived with his parents and he would be on night shift, about 10 years ago. Seriously, it would keep us entertained for hours, which I guess says rather a lot about us (the fact that we had partaken in some herbal essence at the time probably had a lot to do with it, I suspect, lol!). Thank you for reminding me! I am definitely going to be having a play, and checking out some of your other suggestions. Sometimes all we need some mindless fun.
Haha it’s an awesome game, isn’t it?!
I play games but not any that are interactive. I also do some brain training things and I love the challenges. When I am procrastinating I am more likely to be scrolling SM – twitter, FB and IG.
I’m trying to break myself of the “bored = social media” habit.
Do you understand how tempted I am to click on these links!! I don’t need this right now. LOL
I just wanted to be extra ‘helpful’ at this time of year!! 🙂
I kind of wish I could unread this post because now I’m going to have to check out ALL these links in the name of research! I already found out I am 16,600 days old today – I do like a round number! You’re such a procrast-enabler!
That is a very nice round number.
Now I’ve seen this post I need to un-see it …
That is exactly what I was hoping for *evil laugh*
I turned 10,000 in 1980. I feel old lol. So much temptation right here. #teamIBOT
Well I wanted to do my part to make this time of year as useless as possible 🙂