Happy Saturday afternoon!! I have some great news to share today for any Brisbane foodies – the Good Food and Wine Show is on next weekend.
I went along last year and did a cooking class where I learned some great tips. You can read the post here.
This year I’ve been looking forward to the show because they have CHEESE MASTERCLASSES. Cheese, people! Not only do they have cheese masterclasses but there is a cheese alley. An entire section dedicated to cheese!
For those of you who aren’t quite so cheese-obsessed as me, the show also features:
- Appearances by celebrity chefs
- A wine theatre with free classes
- A grazing garden where you can buy meals
- Free Nespresso classes
- A Nudie chill out zone (I’m guessing clothes compulsory)
My biggest tips from last year:
- Wear comfy shoes – there are a LOT of stalls to walk around and see. If you’re taking a class you’ll also want to be comfortable while you cook.
- Bring a swag bag – again, LOTS of stalls means lots of things to sample and buy. My handbag got heavy pretty quickly last year and it’s a rookie mistake.
- Don’t wear a white shirt if you’re going to enthusiastically participate in wine samplings. Or bring a bib. Or wear a white shirt that you’re happy to decorate with red wine.
I know, I mentioned free tickets. I have three double passes for Sunday 19th October.
All you have to do to win is reply to this post and tell me what your celebrity chef name would be and what food you would be known for cooking.
T’s & C’s:
This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part. Open only to Australia residents. This competition closes 11.59pm AEST Monday 13th October. Winners will be announced Tuesday 14th October. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prize is not transferrable. If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control the agreed prize is not available a product of equal or greater value will be provided. The Promoter is not responsible for the prize once they have been dispatched to the winner.