Every year I tend to talk a little bit about storm season. It’s an important topic when you live in a place that can have severe weather. With the hot temperatures starting to arrive in Queensland already, it won’t be long before they start rolling in again. Rather than focus on the bad parts, I thought I would talk about fun things you can do in the rain or while it’s raining.
Note that I said rain. Don’t go jump in water when lightning is striking the ground all around you, unless you want to become a science experiment.
Subscribe to the NormalNess Newsletter here.
Things To Do In The Rain:
- Listen to it. Especially when it’s heavy.
- Put on gumboots and jump in puddles. Extra points for splashing the other members of your family.
- Stand out the front of your house and pretend to shower. Bonus points for including shampoo.
- Read a new book.
- Build a nest and watch an entire season of a TV show.
- Have a glow stick sword fight (if it’s dark enough).
- Walk around your yard and pretend to be a goldfish.
I also have a Pinterest board full of things to do. Which I totally made for myself as a reference. You’d think I have kids with a Pinterest board like that. Nope.
What do you like to do in the rain?