Have you ever launched a product or business? There are so many things to consider. I started to get a bit overwhelmed in planning when I was trying to work out my Blog Coaching launch last month.
Here are a few things I did with my launch:
- Prepared Ads – went to sites I had advertised on before (I use Passionfruit ads) and wrote down the measurements of the ads spaces I wanted to buy. I got my husband to create an ad (he’s faster in Photoshop than I am) for blog coaching. I gave him a list of the ad sizes and marked out which ad sizes I had used before to make it quicker for him to use old ads as a template.
- Organise the terms and conditions for my launch competition.
- Make a graphic for the launch blog post – this helps to make it ‘Pinnable’, or more sharable.
- Post the competition in the giveaways forum on Digital Parents.
- Scheduled a lot of good, relevant content for the week leading up to the launch.
- Participated the heck out of some link ups in the week to the launch.
- Set up PayPal and other payment based features.
- Created a hashtag – in this case #26YaCBC – which stands for 26 Years and Counting Blog Coaching.
- Drafted a launch post.
- Wrote and rewrote the pages for my blog about Blog Coaching.
- Made sure I would have internet connection where ever I was that day (charge your phone, make sure you have credit/data plan left).
- Edited menus on my blog to ensure new pages were visible to all.
Have you ever run a product or service launch? What did you to do prepare for it?