There are apps galore that will help you organise your thoughts. I used to use Evernote (now I use todoist) and the built-in Notes app on my iPhone. But they don’t always work for me. It’s a bit “low-tech”, but I think that bloggers should use a notebook & pen more than apps.
Why Bloggers Should Use A Notebook & Pen
Let’s break this down a bit. Technology is wonderful, but it’s also a distraction-filled zone. Realistically, picking up my phone to note something down gives me pretty high odds of going on Twitter instead, or otherwise doing something that distracts me from completing my thought. I highly doubt I’m the only easily distractible blogger out there!
Pros to a notebook & pen:
- There’s no processing time when you open a paper notebook
- Paper notebooks don’t rely on internet connections
- Notebooks have “loaded” your thoughts at all times
- You can draw, sketch and write easily all in the same place
Cons to a notebook & pen:
- It’s harder to keep your ideas organised
- They’re heavier and/or additional to what you normally carry with you
- It’s easy for them to get damaged/wet if you carry them on you all the time
- You get addicted to pretty pretty notebooks and keep spending money on them
Which do you use – a notebook & pen or an app?