For a while here on my personal blog, I always just kind of presumed that people saw my posts across all social media. I don’t know why, because if I had stopped to think about it, I would have realised it wasn’t likely. It was just an assumption I made and never thought further about.
However, it did eventually occur to me that it’s very easy for people to miss things. And the best way to keep people up to date is to repurpose a little bit of content.
How To Repurpose Content On A Personal Or Lifestyle Blog
I feel a lot of bloggers put pressure on themselves to make sure that every single bit of information we share is 100% new. And really, there’s no need for that.
Lifestyle and personal blogs are especially easy to repurpose content from.
Here are some easy suggestions on how you can do that:
- Share one photo from your latest home decor blog post on Instagram
- Saw a great sunrise? Instagrammed it? You can blog about the serenity you saw/felt.
- Had a great holiday? Do up a blog post about it and pin one picture from it per day on Pinterest for some ongoing traffic.
- Do a weekly wrap up post of what has gone well for you – you can reuse Facebook status updates, Instagram photos and anything else that suits you.
- Adapt a cocktail recipe from your blog into a shareable infographic for social media
What way to do you repurpose content?