Well, the blog post title says it all…
It’s Book Launch Day!
Well, kinda. On Sunday, I finished submitting the books to the distributor I chose to use. Some stores approve faster than others, so there is a chance the books have not yet been published on the platform that you read books on.
Last week I told you I’m releasing four books, withe the caveat of a “kind of”. Here are the books:
- Fuck Should – Part self-help, part social commentary and part opinion on the “Shoulds” in the world
- Llama Should – identical book to the above, with the word Fuck replaced by the word Llama.
- Contentum Creatio: How To Become A Wizard At Creating Content For Your Blog – originally a blogging course, now updated and moved into a book format.
- Time Management: Or How I Get Shit Done As A Blogger – this used to be for sale on my blog, but I’ve updated it and released it to a wide range of platforms.
The links above will always be the links for the books – so if it’s not on the store you prefer to read from, you can bookmark that link and check back another time.
Things I’m Literally Learning Hour By Hour From This
- Check which timezone the publish date applies to.
- Publish a day or more in advance so that online stores have lots of time to update/approve the book.
- I have no idea if the point above impacts first day sales or any kind of vanity metric like that but also I’m not great at giving a crap on vanity metrics so you can just go google that for yourself if listing yourself as the billionth “amazon best seller” is critical to you.
- You will have to redo your tax form because the system is dumb
- Amazon will keep blocking you for tax reasons, and then you’ll get it fixed, and then they’ll block you but then let a book publish while you’re blocked
- My current theory is that Amazon had a wee bit too much to drink
Step 1: You buy my books!
Step 2: I wait for some life stuff to calm itself* down and let me know what’s going on in the next month of my life (I hate being in limbo but that’s where I am at).
Step 3: I continue working on my next project. It’ll be a series. I have ideas for six books, but haven’t fleshed them out so I’m not sure how many will be a stand alone book or …well, what will happen to those ideas at all.
*Does anyone else think of The Katering Show when you think of calming things down?
Update: one or two people have had an error downloading books or gotten a wrong version. If this happens to you, email me at normalnessblog AT gmail DOT com and I’ll fix it up for you!
15 Replies to “It’s Book Launch Day!”
Okay, when I’m not on my mobile I’ll check these out properly! And love the tips at the bottom. Who knew?!
It’s a confusing mess to publish. Some were picky on things like images and others weren’t.
Good on you. Interested in reading Fuck should, but also in turmoil which version to purchase, because all though I am partial to dropping a well timed swear word I also like llamas.
Read over lunch, really enjoyed it! Well done 🙂
Thanks Alicia 🙂
Congratulations! Isn’t Amazon a flipping minefield? I’m hopeless at checking in on the metrics & I know that I’m supposed to be good at stuff like that. Oh well…
Amazon were so confusing. No one else had so many issues with me haha.
Wow good on you! How very productive you’ve been. I’m feeling like a slacko now – not one book in the pipeline! lol I will most definitely be checking out your book babies! #TeamLovinLife
Haha well two were rewrites so it sounds a lot more impressive than it is 🙂
Really pleased for you Ness. Hope they sell well for you.
Well on sale in the Kobo store made me a bestseller haha. I must know a lot about book marketing now (read: nothing!!) 🙂
Congrats to you. Very nice. I will check them out. #lovinlifelinky
Thanks Patrick 🙂