Well, the blog post title says it all…
It’s Book Launch Day!
Well, kinda. On Sunday, I finished submitting the books to the distributor I chose to use. Some stores approve faster than others, so there is a chance the books have not yet been published on the platform that you read books on.
Last week I told you I’m releasing four books, withe the caveat of a “kind of”. Here are the books:
- Fuck Should – Part self-help, part social commentary and part opinion on the “Shoulds” in the world
- Llama Should – identical book to the above, with the word Fuck replaced by the word Llama.
- Contentum Creatio: How To Become A Wizard At Creating Content For Your Blog – originally a blogging course, now updated and moved into a book format.
- Time Management: Or How I Get Shit Done As A Blogger – this used to be for sale on my blog, but I’ve updated it and released it to a wide range of platforms.
The links above will always be the links for the books – so if it’s not on the store you prefer to read from, you can bookmark that link and check back another time.
Things I’m Literally Learning Hour By Hour From This
- Check which timezone the publish date applies to.
- Publish a day or more in advance so that online stores have lots of time to update/approve the book.
- I have no idea if the point above impacts first day sales or any kind of vanity metric like that but also I’m not great at giving a crap on vanity metrics so you can just go google that for yourself if listing yourself as the billionth “amazon best seller” is critical to you.
- You will have to redo your tax form because the system is dumb
- Amazon will keep blocking you for tax reasons, and then you’ll get it fixed, and then they’ll block you but then let a book publish while you’re blocked
- My current theory is that Amazon had a wee bit too much to drink
Step 1: You buy my books!
Step 2: I wait for some life stuff to calm itself* down and let me know what’s going on in the next month of my life (I hate being in limbo but that’s where I am at).
Step 3: I continue working on my next project. It’ll be a series. I have ideas for six books, but haven’t fleshed them out so I’m not sure how many will be a stand alone book or …well, what will happen to those ideas at all.
*Does anyone else think of The Katering Show when you think of calming things down?
Update: one or two people have had an error downloading books or gotten a wrong version. If this happens to you, email me at normalnessblog AT gmail DOT com and I’ll fix it up for you!