It’s the middle of Sunday afternoon.
This is my weekend to do nothing. Only…
Yesterday I was up at 4.40am for a garage sale. The garage sale went from 7-12. Then we spent just under three hours clearing up and taking leftover furniture to Lifeline. The evening was relaxing but spent in a state of pretty big exhaustion.
Today my stupid body woke me up just after 6am. I’ve tried to take it easy. Yet, somehow I have managed to:
- clear out a giant plastic bag full of clothes
- take the clothes to Lifeline
- have giant sneezing fit
- go to local markets
- go back to Lifeline when I realised I had seen office chairs there
- buy milk & bacon and cheese bread rolls
- sit at the beach
- play rollercoaster tycoon 2
- upgrade one of our Macs to the newest OS
- write a list of places I want to go on my whiteboard
- think about taking road trips even though I don’t really like driving
- make a pile of old art stuff to check and throw out
- clean out most of my rubbish from the car
The sad part is, none of those things needed doing. I have a huge list of things I want to do to prep for pbevent, I need to do my tax…lots of things coming up in the next month that have to be done. And aren’t getting done.
I worked on Wednesday this week, purely for the public holiday rates. I may as well take advantage of the absurd situation of being a professional yet paid under teenager (aka casual) conditions. The manager who approved me to work that day said I could work, but that he was concerned about me not having time off. Um… I haven’t had so much as a weekend away in over three years. I have no break! Maybe this is why I don’t know how to relax?
Can someone PLEASE teach me how to relax?!